How We Use and Manage Your Data
Touchlight Genetics Limited (“Touchlight”) respects your right to privacy. We put in place security measures for your personal data and manage your personal data in accordance with applicable data privacy regulations.
Please note that Touchlight is the Data Controller of your personal data. The principles set out in this Privacy Notice apply to all instances in which Touchlight receives your personal data as a Data Controller for the purposes described in this notice. Those purposes are the processing of data as mentioned below.
If you have any concerns about how we deal with your personal data or any queries with regard to these practices please contact Touchlight using the contact details given below
1. Personal data Touchlight collects through this website and how Touchlight collects it
You can provide your personal data if you wish. We only collect personal data that you want to provide to us or that is needed to provide (and improve) our service to you. We collect personal data directly such as name, address and e-mail address as well as connection and system information. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent and/or any other applicable legal basis, such as our legitimate interest in engaging in commerce and offering products and services of value to you. Any consent you provide may be withdrawn at any time by following the contact methods listed below.
Alternatively, you may want to develop your career with Touchlight and apply for job vacancies by sending your CV to us via email.
2. Touchlight Security MeasuresTouchlight takes security measures in line with data protection regulations. Touchlight has security measures in place designed to prevent data loss, to preserve data integrity, and to regulate access to the data. Only authorized Touchlight employees, and authorized employees of our third-party service providers’ processing data on our behalf, have access to your personal data. All Touchlight employees who have access to your personal data are required to adhere to the Touchlight Privacy Standard and all third-party service providers are requested by Touchlight to ensure that any of their employees who have access to your personal data have signed non-disclosure agreements. In addition, contracts are in place with such third-party service providers acting as data processors for Touchlight that have access to your personal data, to ensure that the level of security required in your jurisdiction is in place, and that your personal data is processed only as instructed by Touchlight.
3. How Touchlight uses your personal dataYour personal data will only be used for the purposes for which you provided it to Touchlight, as indicated to you at the time you provided your personal data. It will also be used to help prevent breaches of security, the law or our contract terms. It may also be disclosed, including a disclosure to entities based outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to third parties (as part of the information generally contained in business) in the event of a sale of the business, or a reorganisation of the business, or as otherwise required or permitted by law or applicable regulator.
4. How Touchlight discloses your personal data to and why
Touchlight will never share your personal data with any third-party (i.e., a party other than an entity within the Touchlight Group) business or organisation that intends to use it for their own purposes, other than as required by law. Touchlight, as part of a group company, may transfer or disclose your personal data to another data controller in the Touchlight Group to be used for similar purposes, at its discretion, and you hereby consent to such transfer or disclosure. If your personal data is transferred or disclosed to another data controller within the Touchlight Group, that other data controller shall have the same rights and obligations with regard to your personal data as Touchlight.
With your consent, Touchlight may share your personal data with third-parties (i.e. parties other than entities within the Touchlight Group) such as those who assist us in providing the products and services and who perform technical operations, but only in the strictly limited circumstances set out below:
5. Your rights
You have the right to ask Touchlight to provide you with all the information it stores on you. You have the right to ask Touchlight to rectify, block, complete and delete your personal data, to restrict its use, and to port your data to another organization. You have the right to request additional information about the handling of your personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your data by Touchlight in some circumstances and, where we have asked for consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. Additionally, you may contact our Data Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like assistance with any of the aforementioned rights.
6. Countries your personal data will be sent to and why
If data is transferred from within the EEA to a jurisdiction outside the EEA, it is done so under a Data Transfer Agreement, which contains standard data protection contract clauses. The European Commission has adopted standard data protection contract clauses (known as the Model Clauses) which provide safeguards for personal information that is transferred outside of Europe. We will use Model Clauses when transferring personal data outside of Europe.
The server that makes this website available may be located outside the country from which you have accessed this website. The provider of this website is bound by a contract that ensures your data is managed in accordance with EU Data Protection laws and that it acts only on Touchlight instructions and implements all technical measures necessary on an ongoing basis to keep your personal data secure.
7. How and why Touchlight uses ‘Cookies’ and other similar technologies
This type of information obtained through cookies will not be disclosed outside Touchlight Group or our authorized Third-Party Data Processors. It will not be used for unsolicited communications.
Cookies located on your computer do not contain your name but an IP address. In many cases, after the user's session is cancelled the information contained in the cookies is no longer available to Touchlight.
Please ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features of the website if you do so. See your browser "Help" button for how you can do this. Some Flash Cookies may not be affected by such settings. You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of this and other Touchlight websites. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
For further information about Cookies including how to refuse them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
9. Retention of your personal data
Touchlight will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Touchlight will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We also retain log files for internal analysis purposes. These log files are generally retained for a short period of time, except where they are used for website security, to improve website functionality, or we are legally obligated to retain them for longer time periods.
10. How to contact Touchlight
The data controller responsible for your personal information for the purposes of the applicable European Union data protection law is:
Data Protection Manager
Touchlight Genetics Limited
Morelands & Riverdale Buildings
Lower Sunbury Road
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our data collection practices, or wish to raise a complaint, please contact us at the address or email listed above.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have dealt with your complaint you can contact the ICO at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113