Senior Scientist – T Cell BiologyTouchlight are seeking to hire a Senior Scientist
We are looking for a T cell molecular biologist to join our growing Gene Therapy Research team responsible for delivering new therapeutic applications for dbDNA technology in the cell and gene therapy space. We would like you to help us build an understanding of human T cell biology as a function of our novel dbDNA technology and to translate this understanding into transformative immuno-oncology products. This is an opportunity for an innovative scientist to develop an early-stage product through to clinical application.
Working closely with the group leader, you will be responsible for developing and characterising our new platform for T cell targeting therapeutics. As a senior scientist, you will be expected to design and conduct multiple workstreams related to vector engineering and characterising T cell function, particularly in the context of TCR expression and antigen recognition. This will require in-depth knowledge of human T cell biology and extensive experience in assays and techniques related to the isolation, culturing, transfection, and characterisation of primary human T cells.
This will be a highly cross-functional project, and as such you will be expected to work independently as well as collaboratively with multiple groups across R&D, as well as third party collaborators. Together with the group leader, you may also be responsible for day-to-day oversight of other members within the gene therapy group.
• In collaboration with the Head of Gene Therapy, the post holder will be responsible for designing and conducting workstreams related to developing a novel T cell product platform for dbDNA technology in the immuno-oncology space
• Design, develop, and optimise cell-based assays for T cell nucleofection and evaluation of transgene expression and function
• Design, develop, and optimise cell-based assays for cytokine expression and release and tumour cell killing assays in primary human T cells and relevant cell models
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to support development of the complete therapeutic platform
• Liaise with third party collaborators and manage external research related to the project
• Document, analyse, interpret, and present experimental data in a clear and concise manner
• Proactively recognise and solve technical and scientific problems
• Day-to-day oversight of more junior team members
• Contributing to daily lab maintenance
Qualifications and experience:
• PhD in biological sciences, preferably immunology or with technical research expertise in T cell biology
• Extensive experience in:
– Isolating, culturing, and assaying primary T cells
– Multiparameter FACS analysis, nucleofection, transfection, RT-qPCR, western blotting, ELISA, molecular biology techniques such as cloning and PCR
• Experience in gene therapy is desirable
• Skilled in experimental design and troubleshooting
• Great organisational ability to plan and prioritise work
• Ability to work both independently and within a team in a highly dynamic environment and on several different projects or tasks concurrently.
• The successful candidate must be engaged with science, willing to learn new techniques, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
All candidates should possess clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in experimental design, implementation, and analysis, organising and managing their work, and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the reference “Senior scientist – T cell biology”.
Due to the high number of applicants we will only contact those who we invite to interview.