Senior Manufacturing ScientistTouchlight is currently seeking an experienced senior scientist to join its Manufacturing Department.
Our Senior Manufacturing Scientists take a leading role in the generation of client and collaborator production requests for dbDNA at either feasibility or GMP grade. This includes responsibilities to work within and to develop standards of QMS and H&S. The Senior Manufacturing Scientist will be a Subject Matter Expert in dbDNA GMP Manufacturing process.
Senior Manufacturing Scientists report to the dbDNA Production Manager within Touchlight DNA Services.
This position will be highly collaborative, both within the DNA Services Team and the Manufacturing Development function and Research teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with outside contractors and clients.
Key activities will include:
- manufacturing dbDNA at both, feasibility and GMP grades.
- acting as Subject Matter Expert in production of GMP grade dbDNA.
- leading and training Manufacturing Scientists.
- ensuring best practices and regulatory guidance are followed.
- maintaining Quality Management System by timely raising and investigating complex. Deviations, CAPAs, Change Controls and Root Cause Analysis.
This is an exciting, fast-paced environment suited to self-motivated, organised, conscientious and highly accurate individuals, who can contribute to and successfully work in a multi-talented and compliance orientated team. In addition to working at the forefront of DNA research in a dynamic biotech company, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a company performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme, among other benefits.
While not exhaustive, the following is a sample of the qualifications, skills, and experience requirements for the role:
- Science Degree (BSc or higher).
- 2 years + experience working within CDMO environment as manufacturing scientist.
- 5 years + experience within a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Excellent IT skills including gathering and trending data from various sources, the use of software like SnapGene or Lasergene; good knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to update production databases, stock control systems or ERP.
- Excellent Problem-Solving and Problem Shooting skills.
- Ensuring and maintaining high standards of H&S.
- Ability to follow and to create SOPs and other types of manufacturing documentation (forms, logbooks, process instructions).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Confident presenter and able to lead team meetings.
- Good team player.
- Proactive and able to organize their own work as well as work of other team members with continuous improvement mind set.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated; willing to adapt to fast changing environment.
- Excellent prioritizing skills to complete projects on time in a busy and commercially focused department.
- Experience with training and coaching junior staff.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
clearly stating the reference “Senior Manufacturing Scientist”.