QC Analyst – DNA SequencingTouchlight is seeking to hire a QC Analyst
Touchlight is currently seeking an experienced QC analyst to join its Quality Control department. The Quality Control Analyst is responsible for supporting the Quality Control (QC) laboratory for day-to-day QC testing of manufactured dbDNA for our clients and internal pipeline, with a particular focus on Sanger sequencing set up and analysis, for which solid past experience is required.
There will be a close interaction with the other operational departments to support on-going project and product needs. Key activities will include QC testing of finished product through Sanger sequencing (and other molecular biology/ biochemistry techniques), reagent preparations, goods receipt, sample receipt, procurement, good housekeeping activities, equipment and instrument calibrations, and documentation.
The QC Analyst reports to the QC Manager, and in support of the Head of Quality Assurance, to ensure regulatory requirements are met. This is an exciting, fast-paced environment suited to self-motivated, organised, conscientious and highly accurate individuals, who can contribute to and successfully work in a multi-talented and compliance orientated team. In addition to working at the forefront of DNA research in a dynamic biotech company, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a company performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme, among other benefits.
While not exhaustive, the following is a sample of the qualifications, skills, and experience requirements for the role:
• A background in a scientific discipline, ideally at degree level
• 3-5 years’ experience working within a GMP environment, preferably in a CDMO
• Strong experience of Sanger sequencing method and analysis, both hands-on and through third parties
• Experience of reagent preparations and material handling
• A proven QC industry background
• Working Knowledge of GMP Sampling techniques
• Working knowledge of equipment and instrument calibrations
• Working knowledge of Good documentation practices
• Exceptional client focus
• High levels of organisation
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and cover letter to QCjobs@touchlight.com clearly stating the reference “QC Analyst”