Platform Development ScientistTouchlight are seeking to hire a Platform Development Scientist
We are looking for a highly competent Platform Development Scientist to join our evolving Platform Development Team in CMC. The successful candidate will report to the Lead platform development scientist (DNA) and should have strong process development experience gained, preferentially, from a CDMO environment. In this exciting lab-based role, the applicant will be responsible for the characterisation, evaluation, and tech transfer of a range of novel DNA manufacturing projects into MSAT/GMP with the aim of developing platform processes that will be foundational in future products.
This is a highly collaborative role within the CMC function and across Production and Research/Discovery teams. Opportunities will also be provided to support Protein Development, MSAT, Commercial Process Development and Product Development teams. With career progression prospects as the organisation continues to grow, this is a great opportunity for someone who thrives in a multidisciplinary laboratory environment, is efficient in their conduction of experiments/data capture, and who can deliver to the highest standards under the direction of the scientific management team.
Qualifications and experience:
• A BSc/MSc qualification in Biochemistry /Biotechnology/ Protein chemistry / Molecular Biology/other relevant discipline.
• Minimum of 3 years industrial experience of CMC/Process Development ideally gained in a Biotech/CDMO environment.
• Strong, in-depth knowledge of Process Development.
• Familiarity with bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatography, tangential flow filtration and filtration and experience with specialised DNA characterisation techniques.
• Ability to maintain neat, thorough, and accurate records of all experiments conducted.
• Ability to analyse, collate and write technical reports from large datasets.
• Candidates must have strong attention to detail, be highly organised, reliable, and comfortable working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment.
• Applications are encouraged from highly motivated individuals who enjoy taking on new challenges and who perform well under pressure.
• Intellectual agility to solve problems and think through rational solutions to technical challenges.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – verbal and written
• An organised approach to tasks with a commercial, proactive mind-set to drive continuous improvement
• Experience in process characterisation, qualification, and validation.
• Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
All candidates should possess clear communication skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter to CMCjobs@touchlight.com clearly stating the reference ” Platform Development Scientist”
Due to the high number of applicants, we will likely only contact those who we invite to interview.