MSAT ScientistTouchlight are seeking to hire MSAT Scientist
The successful applicant will play an important role in the MSAT function within the CMC department developing and further scaling the dbDNA manufacturing technology as well as supporting activities involved in technology transfer internally and externally. A key responsibility will be operational transfer of novel processes from Platform development group into the production team as well as offering technical support of other functions across the business. An MSAT scientist reports to the Lead commercial process development scientist. The scientist will be expected to generate documentation supporting technology transfer and providing expert evaluation of the technical outcomes. This role will include reporting data at regular team meetings and support of investigations as well as process validation.
This position will be expected to provide technical support of Supply chain function in identification and evaluation of suitable materials/suppliers. This position will be highly collaborative, within the CMC function and also with production and platform development teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with clients, outside collaborators and contractors as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- A BSc qualification in Biochemistry / Protein chemistry / Molecular Biology/other relevant discipline.
- 2+ years industrial experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting ideally a CDMO under GMP compliance
- Experience in technology transfer within GMP environment preferred.
- Understanding of theoretical and practical challenges of scale-up of biochemical reactions.
- Familiarity with bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatography, tangential flow filtration and filtration.
- Identify and propose continuous improvement programs relating to manufacturing process.
- Experience with authoring and executing protocols, data interpretation and generating final reports, standard operating procedures and batch production records.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have an ability to learn new techniques quickly.
- An ability to work closely with QA, Compliance, Regulatory, Operations and Production teams
- Strong Communication, confident, customer-oriented in personality.
- Experience in process characterisation, qualification and validation.
- Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
All candidates should possess clear communication skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter to CMCjobs@touchlight.com clearly stating the reference “ MSAT Scientist”
Due to the high number of applicants, we will likely only contact those who we invite to interview.