Molecular and Cellular BiologistTouchlight are seeking to hire a Molecular and Cellular Biologist
We are looking for a molecular and cellular biologist to join our growing Gene Therapy Research team responsible for delivering new therapeutic applications for dbDNA technology in the cell and gene therapy landscape. The postholder will be responsible for contributing to the development and validation of multiple gene therapy platforms within the Gene Therapy team and in collaboration with cross-functional teams across R&D.
In addition to general tasks related to the maintenance and organisation of lab infrastructure, the postholder will be expected to contribute to the design and implementation of various molecular, cellular, and viral biology workflows in the laboratory, including cloning, cell-based assays, production of viral vectors, RT-qPCR, ELISA, and gene expression analysis. Suitable candidates should have a strong background in molecular and cellular biology, and experience in gene therapy is highly desirable.
• Design and carry out experimental workflows related to the development and validation of gene therapy platforms across multiple disciplines
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to support the development of relevant projects
• Document, analyse, interpret, and present experimental data in a clear and concise manner
• Proactively recognise and solve technical and scientific problems
• Contribute to lab maintenance
Qualifications and experience:
• Applicants should have a PhD in the areas of Molecular and Cellular Biology or Gene Therapy, or a related discipline
• Essential technical experience: mammalian cell culture and transfection, cell-based, assays, western blot, qRT-PCR, molecular biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, mutagenesis and in related specialised DNA characterisation techniques
• Desirable technical experience in: ELISA, Flow cytometry, imaging
• Experience in gene therapy is highly desirable
• Skilled in experimental design and troubleshooting
• Great organisational ability to plan and prioritise work
• Ability to work both independently and within a team in a highly dynamic environment and on several different projects or tasks concurrently.
• The successful candidate must be engaged with science, willing to learn new techniques, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
All candidates should possess clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in experimental design, implementation, and analysis, organising and managing their work, and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to email@example.com clearly stating the reference “Molecular and Cellular Biologist”.