Manufacturing ScientistTouchlight is currently seeking an experienced scientist to join its Manufacturing Department.
Our Manufacturing Scientists are responsible for the generation of client and collaborator production requests for dbDNA at either feasibility grade or GMP. This includes responsibilities to work within and to develop standards of QMS and H&S.
Manufacturing Scientists report to the dbDNA Production Manager and Senior Manufacturing Scientists.
This position will be highly collaborative, both within the DNA Services Team and the Manufacturing Development function and Research teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with outside contractors.
Key activities will include manufacturing dbDNA at both, feasibility and GMP grades, applying best practices and regulatory guidance, ensuring and maintaining high standards of H&S, adhering to all documentation created for GMP and feasibility grade products and maintaining Quality Management System by timely raising and investigating Deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls.
This is an exciting, fast-paced environment suited to self-motivated, organised, conscientious and highly accurate individuals, who can contribute to and successfully work in a multi-talented and compliance orientated team. In addition to working at the forefront of DNA research in a dynamic biotech company, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a company performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme, among other benefits.
While not exhaustive, the following is a sample of the qualifications, skills, and experience requirements for the role:
- A background in a scientific discipline, ideally at degree level
- 2 + years’ experience working within a GMP environment, preferably in a CDMO
- Good IT skills including the use of software like SnapGene or Lasergene; good knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to update production databases, stock control systems or ERP
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to follow SOPs and to complete Manufacturing Documentation (lab books, forms, logbooks, process instructions)
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good team player
- Proactive and able to organize their own work with continuous improvement mind set
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated; willing to adapt to fast changing environment
- Ensuring and maintaining high standards of H&S
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
clearly stating the reference “Manufacturing Scientist”.