Head of Project ManagementTouchlight are seeking to hire a Head of Project Management
Due to current and expected future growth, Touchlight DNA Services is recruiting for a newly created role with a broad remit to support the business in maximising the potential of recent significant investment, sales growth and a burgeoning DNA industry. You will be a critical member of the team driving Touchlight’s operational success globally, focussing on all the relevant markets. You will work with some of the biggest healthcare companies in the world to help support the production of dbDNA as a critical starting material for ATMP production and as an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient.
The Head of PMO is a key role, based in the Hampton site (UK), with internal and external facing responsibilities. The role would be suitable for someone with extensive Programme and Project Management experience in a biologics GMP-regulated CDMO environment, with extremely high level of communication, planning and organisation, very dynamic, and able to thrive in a fast paced environment, dealing with multiple stakeholders, and managing evolving priorities.
The Head of PMO leads programmes and project execution. He/She will be responsible for planning resources and directing results from multi-disciplinary teams after deal closure with clients, and drive accountability within the programmes and projects, within a defined governance, to ensure client satisfaction. The Head of PMO is a key interface between the commercial and operational teams, and the client. This role will also be responsible for management and governance of key internal projects
The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
While not exhaustive, the following is a sample of the responsibilities for the role:
- Design, implement and monitor the overall PMO strategy;
- Develop and implement all the relevant governance structures and tools for the department;
- Manage projects and programmes against defined timelines, quality, costs, profitability, risk, and adjust to scope changes, through a multi-disciplinary project or programme team, with costumer centricity as focus;
- In collaboration with the commercial teams, create short-, mid-, and long-term programme strategies;
- Define, organise, and be responsible for all customer communication(internal and external customers), gather feedback, and conduct lessons learned exercises to streamline and increase efficiencies in the department;
- Define and monitor PMO-appropriate leading KPIs and metrics that support the company’s objectives;
- Controlling project scope and in conjunction with the Technical Proposals Team, prepare amendments and/or scope changes
- Maintain current and accurate project files, update project databases and other tools on a routine basis, and be able to generate and communicate projects/business reports, for any level of the organisation, including the executive team;
- Assist in business analysis as needed;
- Responsible for highlighting operations and business risks and developing plans for mitigating those risks
- Build and line-manage the PMO team, including appropriate coaching and mentoring, developing a high-performance team
Skills and Experience
- Substantial working experience as a Program or Project Manager in a CDMO in life sciences
- Extensive Experience in a GMP Regulated, Pharmaceutical industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields of study: Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry
- Project Management Certification Preferred (PMP)
All candidates should possess clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team environment. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and cover letter to PMjobs@touchlight.com clearly stating the reference “Head of Project Management”.