Commercial Process Development ScientistTouchlight are seeking to hire a Commercial Process Development Scientist
The successful applicant will play an important role in the commercial process development group within the CMC department executing client driven development projects. A key responsibility for this role will be to execute commercial process development projects from small scale optimisation through pre-GMP pilot batch scales and supporting programmes into the GMP production team. The Commercial Process Development Scientist reports to the Lead Commercial Process Development Scientist. The Scientist will be expected to report data to clients as well as other stakeholders. The team are also expected to execute process/product related validation activities.
This is a lab-based role where the successful applicant will spend a majority of their time at the laboratory bench conducting experiments and capturing raw data to support development programmes under the direction of the scientific lead. This position will be highly collaborative, within the CMC function and also with MSAT and platform development teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with clients/ programme manager reporting on process development related activities as required.
Qualifications and experience:
• A MSc/PhD qualification in Biochemistry / Protein chemistry/Molecular Biology or a relevant discipline.
• 2+ years industrial experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting preferred
• Familiarity with bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatography, tangential flow filtration and filtration.
• Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments as well as experience of writing technical reports to a good standard.
• Applicants must be detailed oriented, reliable, highly organised, enthusiastic and have an ability to learn new techniques quickly in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment.
• Ability to tackle technical challenges with problem solving and troubleshooting skills backed up by scientific rationalised solutions.
• Applications are encouraged from highly motivated individuals who enjoy taking on new challenges and who perform well under pressure.
• Able to identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities relating to manufacturing process with commercial and proactive mindset.
• Excellent customer skills to work collaboratively with colleagues in cross-functional teams as well as with external customers
• Experience in process characterisation, qualification and validation.
• Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
• Experience with taking a risk-based approach to process development.
• Strong Communication, confident, customer-oriented in personality.
All candidates should possess clear communication skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to CMCjobs@touchlight.com clearly stating the reference ” Commercial Process Development Scientist” in the title of the email.