Business Development ManagerTouchlight are seeking to hire a Business Development Manager
Touchlight is an ambitious platform company with a large and diverse business opportunity. We are seeking a talented and driven individual to support business development. The role will report directly to the Chief Business Officer and will focus on driving market engagement with the dbDNA platform, support in-licensing and out-licensing, develop market insights and modelling to support strategic decision making for the Group.
- Strategic decision support, working directly with the Chief Business Officer
- Engagement with Touchlight’s clients and business partners by developing and delivering presentations and attending conferences
- In-licensing and out-licensing activities, taking leadership of technical, market and financial analysis activities and participating in contract negotiation
- Alliance management with Touchlight’s key business partners, including spinout companies and licensees
- Due diligence and development of business cases for new and existing opportunities through market research, market sizing and portfolio analysis
- Portfolio management, working with Touchlight’s internal technical and programme management functions to maintain alignment of the portfolio with company goals
- Financial modelling (revenue modelling, valuation, licensing), working closely with Touchlight’s finance team to enable decision making
- Fundraising / financing support working directly with the Chief Business Officer
Skills and Experience
- Degree in life sciences, with an advanced degree preferred
- >2 years’ experience in strategy consulting or biotechnology business development
- Demonstrated financial modelling capability within life sciences (revenue modelling, DCF)
- Experience in strategy development within life sciences
- Strong ability to perform due diligence activities including market research, market sizing, etc.,
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work across multifunctional technical and commercial teams to drive towards a common goal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to understand complex challenges, and develop creative solutions
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter to BDjobs@touchlight.com, clearly stating the reference “Business Development Manager”.
Please note that we will only contact those who we invite to interview.