Associate ScientistTouchlight are seeking to hire a Associate Scientist
We are looking for two Associate Scientists to join our growing Gene Therapy and Vaccines research teams, responsible for delivering new therapeutic applications for dbDNA technology in the cell and gene therapy and nucleic acid vaccine landscapes. Working closely with senior members of the team, the postholder will be expected to support the progress of multiple projects related to platform validation and product development by carrying various molecular, cellular, and immunological workflows in the laboratory, including cell-based immunological assays, RT-qPCR, ELISA, western blotting, and gene expression analysis. In addition, the postholder will be expected to help in routine lab maintenance and organisation. This is an opportunity for an early-stage scientist to expand their techniques and gain invaluable experience in the nucleic acid vaccine and gene therapy space. Suitable candidates should have a strong background in molecular and cellular biology.
- Carry out cell-based and immunological assays to support nucleic acid vaccine product development
- Carry out experimental workflows related to the development and validation of gene therapy platforms across multiple disciplines
- Carry out tasks such as routine cell culture and maintenance of cell lines, transfections, DNA/RNA extractions, and performing downstream assays such as ELISA, FACS, and qPCR
- Organise and maintain the team databases, including reagent and sample inventories and SOPs
- Support and research and administration activities for the team
Qualifications and experience:
- Applicants should have a BSc/MSc in a relevant biological sciences discipline, or equivalent experience
- Essential technical experience: mammalian cell culture and transfection, cell-based assays
- Desirable technical experience: ELISA, Flow cytometry, western blot, qRT-qPCR
- Great organisational ability to plan and prioritise work
- Practical experience of following SOPs and running assays in a laboratory environment
- Ability to interpret scientific data, analyse data, and write technical reports
- A responsible nature with a methodical and careful approach to working in the laboratory
- Ability to work both independently and within a team in a highly dynamic environment and on several different projects or tasks concurrently.
- The successful candidate must be engaged with science, willing to learn new techniques, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
All candidates should possess clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in experimental design, implementation, and analysis, organising and managing their work, and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for these roles by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to GTfirstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the reference “Associate Scientist – Gene Therapy” or “Associate Scientist – Vaccines”.
Due to the high number of applicants we will only contact those who we invite to interview.