Process Development Scientist
We are searching for a process development scientist in our expanding process development group. This group has a pivotal role as both a key part of the contract development/manufacturing arm of the organisation, as well as a bridge between the discovery and research teams.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a company performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme, among other benefits.
The successful applicant will play an important role in the process development group. This will involve working in a team focussed on a range of projects including manufacturing development, optimisation and validation of production processes, supporting client driven development projects, industrial scale up and technical transfer of methods to third parties/GMP production team. This role presents an exciting opportunity, with prospects for career progression as the organisation continues to grow. This is a lab-based role where the successful applicant will spend a majority of their time at the laboratory bench conducting experiments and capturing raw data to support development programmes under the direction of the scientific lead team.
This position will be highly collaborative, within the CMC function and also with production and research/discovery teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with clients, outside collaborators and contractors as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- A BSc qualification in Biochemistry / Protein chemistry / Molecular Biology/other relevant discipline.
- 2 years industrial experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting ideally a CDMO.
- Familiarity with standard Molecular Biology techniques such as cloning, PCR. mutagenesis and in related specialised DNA characterisation techniques.
- Familiarity with bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatography, tangential flow filtration and filtration.
- Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments as well as experience of writing technical reports to a good standard.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have an ability to learn new techniques quickly.
- Experience in process characterisation, qualification, and validation.
- Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
- Experience with taking a risk-based approach to process development.
All candidates should possess clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team environment. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating the reference "CMC2021-001" in the subject. Closing date for applications is 26th April 2021.
Due to the high number of applicants, we will only contact those who we invite to interview.