Molecular/Synthetic DNA Biologist
Touchlight is currently seeking an experienced Scientist to join its Molecular Biology Team to genetically engineer the DNA starting material for dbDNA™. This is an exciting, fast-paced environment suited to efficient and initiative-taking individuals who can contribute to and successfully work in a multidisciplinary team.In addition to working at the forefront of DNA research in a dynamic biotech company, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme.
Your principal role will be to genetically engineer plasmid DNA starting material using creative and effective strategies that sits in line with clients’ needs but also allowing the best attributes of the downstream process to be harnessed.
Qualifications and experience:
- Applicants should have a degree level qualification in molecular biology and/ or a minimum of two years of industrial experience in a molecular biology related discipline.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in cloning DNA including but not limited to generating own strategies, creating theoretical sequence maps, primer design, PCR, bacterial transformation, and amplification. Strong experience with DNA purification techniques at varying scales, using kits and/ or self-packed hardware.
- Applicants should be well-versed in gel electrophoresis apparatus for DNA analysis and software for sequence analysis. Knowledge of running restriction digests, agarose gels and analyzing data is a must.#
- Experience in aseptic technique and controlled environments.
- Familiarity with industry quality standards such as ISO/ cGMP is desirable. Experience working within a Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) or Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) environment is highly advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to design experiments independently and document key information in report formats.
- The successful candidate will be bringing ideas to life, and must therefore be engaged with science, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
All candidates should possess clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team environment. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and cover letter explaining how your experience matches the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the reference "MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST - TDS" in the subject. Closing date for applications is 15th May 2021.
Due to the high number of applicants, we will only contact those who we invite to interview.