Laboratory Technician (Process Development)
We are expanding and seeking an experienced laboratory technician to join our process development team! Completion of daily routine tasks like solution and material preparations, laboratory housekeeping, stock control as well as opportunities to be training in in process sample analysis will be a key part of the role. This is an exciting, fast-paced environment that is suited to reliable individuals who can contribute to and successfully work in a multidisciplinary scientific team. The process development group has a pivotal role as both a key part of the contract development/manufacturing arm of the organisation as well as a bridge between the discovery and research teams.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a company performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme, among other benefits.
The successful applicant will play an important role in the process development group. The principal role will be to complete routine (daily, weekly, monthly) tasks to support the busy laboratory team in their experiments. This will include generation of buffers for laboratory processes, control of lab inventory, to help with facility cleaning, to produce labels, to dispense critical reagents, receive external deliveries, maintain the laboratory environment and also assist in routine sample analysis tasks to support the process development team. Support of CMC documentation will also form part of the core responsibilities.
When commercial demands require, the role may also include support of the Manufacturing function in their pre-GMP laboratory which is proximal to the process development laboratory.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 1-year experience working within a commercial laboratory setting
- Ideal candidate would have a Science Degree
- Basic IT skills including Microsoft Office; ability to update production databases and stock control systems
- Ability to follow SOPs and to complete Manufacturing Documentation (forms, logbooks and process instructions)
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good team player
- Proactive and able to organize their own work with continuous improvement mind set
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Experience running basic DNA analytical techniques such as UV-Vis, PCR & AGE.
All candidates should possess clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team environment. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating the reference "CMC2021-002" in the subject. Closing date for applications is 26th April 2021.
Due to the high number of applicants, we will only contact those who we invite to interview.