Title: Senior QA Officer
Location: Hampton, London, UK
We are a pioneering DNA Manufacturing company located in custom-built laboratories in west London. Our proprietary in vitro DNA amplification technology leads the way in the production of high-quality synthetic DNA (dbDNA) for new therapeutic, diagnostic, and synthetic biology applications.
Touchlight is currently seeking an experienced QA Officer to join their QA team. The role is within our Quality Assurance department as part of the wider Quality Unit.
In addition to working at the forefront of synthetic DNA Manufacturing in a dynamic biotech company, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a performance related bonus, private health plan and be eligible to join the company pension scheme.
The successful applicant will play an important role in maintaining compliance of our quality systems and with Good Manufacturing Practices. This is an operational quality role working alongside many departments in the company. Key systems in Quality Assurance will include; Quality Events and Deviations, CAPAs, Root Cause Analysis, Risk Assessments, Self-inspections, Internal and External Auditing, Batch Review, Validation and Qualification, Change Control, Training, Data Integrity, Document Control, Complaints and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Qualifications and experience:
- A Degree level qualification in a biological science discipline
- Strong knowledge of working within a GMP and/or GLP environment
- Strong knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Experience with all QA key systems above
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and experience in hosting regulatory and customer audits
- Developing Continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong IT skills; competent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to act as a mentor to junior staff
- An extremely organised and conscientious approach to tasks, Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Confidence to challenge and simplify existing systems & processes
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Experience of completing documentation with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills are required with external clients
All candidates should possess an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to email@example.com clearly stating the reference "Senior QA Officer". Closing date for applications is 21st August 2020.
Due to the high number of applicants we will only contact those who we invite to interview.