Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Hampton, London, UK
We are a pioneering DNA Manufacturing company located in custom-built laboratories in west London. Our proprietary in vitro DNA amplification technology leads the way in the production of high-quality synthetic DNA (dbDNA) for new therapeutic, diagnostic, and synthetic biology applications.
Touchlight is currently seeking an experienced technician to join their Manufacturing team that will be responsible for the completion of daily routine tasks like solution preparations, equipment verification and stock control. This is an exciting, fast-paced GMP environment that is suited to reliable individuals who can contribute to and successfully work in a multidisciplinary scientific team.
In addition to working at the forefront of synthetic DNA Manufacturing in a dynamic biotech company, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a performance related bonus, private healthcare plan and be eligible to join the company pension scheme.
Your principal role will be to complete routine equipment calibration and verification checks, generate buffers for laboratory processes, control laboratory inventory, assist with facility cleaning, produce labels, dispense critical reagents, autoclave laboratory equipment, to implement and to develop work instructions and methods of analysis and to manage all external deliveries.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 1-year experience working within regulated laboratory (GMP/GLP/ISO)
- Ideal candidate will have a scientific degree
- Basic IT skills including Microsoft Office; ability to update production databases and stock control systems
- Ability to follow SOPs and to complete Manufacturing Documentation (forms, logbooks, and process instructions)
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Team player
- Proactive and able to organise their own work with a continuous improvement mind set
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
All candidates should possess an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to email@example.com clearly stating the reference "Laboratory Technician". Closing date for applications is 14th August 2020.
Due to the high number of applicants we will only contact those who we invite to interview.