Head of Marketing
Touchlight is focussed on” The Making of DNA”.
Our CDMO and technology is built on the conviction that DNA is fundamental to the future of medicine.
By moving away from today's restrictive biological approaches, we have made DNA manufacturing simple. Our unique dbDNA™ (or "doggybone" DNA) vector is optimised for use in advanced genetic medicines, being safer and more efficacious than conventional plasmid DNA. The platform, based on enzymatic technology, enables DNA production at unprecedented scale, speed and purity.
We are leveraging our platform to enable the next generation of Genetic Medicines. Our CDMO Focus is on:
- ex-vivo & in-vivo cell and genetic medicines
- Nucleic Acid Medicines (mRNA & DNA)
- Gene therapy using viral vectors and gene editing
- Autologous & Allogenic cell therapy
Touchlight is recruiting for a newly created role with a broad remit to support the business in maximising the potential of recent significant investment, sales growth and a burgeoning DNA industry. You will be a critical member of the team driving Touchlight's commercial success globally, focussing on all the relevant markets. You will work with some of the biggest healthcare companies in the world to help support the production of dbDNA as a critical starting material for ATMP production and as an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient.
You will be a subject matter expert and voice in the industry, one of the first to hear about market trends and one of the few able to influence those trends.
You will be primarily responsible for driving Touchlight's product promotion, brand awareness and customer engagement globally. We are looking for a Head of Marketing who will lead all our marketing activities from lead/demand generation, campaign management, brand awareness, social media, digital, advertising, content and creative projects. Head of Marketing responsibilities include developing and implementing plans to build upon our brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals. Ultimately, you will run our Marketing department to promote higher profitability and competitiveness.
- Design strategy and implement campaigns for all Marketing activity including Lead/Demand generation, campaign management, brand awareness, social media, digital, advertising, content and creative projects.
- Define and create efficient marketing processes to plan, map and report on customer leads, proposals, marketing activities and ROI.
- Generate and implement focussed tactical, strategic and operational plans to support the Sales and the Business Development team’s activities in addressable markets, geographies and platforms.
- Support the “Go to Market” strategy to deliver customer and business needs, to meet and overachieve on sales and growth targets.
- Understand the opportunity and the differentiating characteristics and benefits of dbDNA with the skill set to convince astute clients of those benefits.
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts.
- Analyse consumer behaviour and determine customer personas.
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share.
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives.
- Recruit, manage and optimise the performance of a Marketing team.
- Attend relevant industry events to network with prospective customers and champion Touchlight’s brand and product.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Executive Leadership Team, Operations, Commercial and customer success functions.
- Report to the CDMO CEO on monthly performance and strategy.
- A proven recent track record of marketing success in the ex-vivo & in-vivo cell and genetic medicine Market, DNA Services, Biologics, Business Development (or related) industry.
- Strong marketing generalist experience covering lead generation, strategy, innovation and content management.
- Experience of setting up successful marketing processes and in line with commercial strategy.
- A detailed understanding of CDMO services, production and manufacturing processes and regulations.
- An excellent reputation and network in the CDMO services space.
- Exceptional creative and presentation skills.
- Strong analytics and forecasting experience.
- A self-starter, with a desire to meet targets and drive success.
- Innovative, pragmatic, team-focused and customer-oriented in personality.
- BA/BSc or equivalent educational background ground.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter to email@example.com, clearly stating the reference "HEAD OF MARKETING".
Please note that we will only respond to those who we invite to interview.