Title: DNA Process Engineer
Location: Hampton, London, UK
Touchlight Genetics Ltd is developing DNA-based therapies with its novel doggybone DNA vector, as well as advancing methods of high-quality DNA manufacture using novel in vitro processes. We are currently seeking a talented and ambitious process engineer to join our dynamic Innovations group, to work on novel processes and DNA architectures for production of Touchlight’s proprietary platforms.
The successful applicant will be employed within the Innovations group and will primarily be working at the interface between research and manufacturing, taking ideas from proof of principle stage to successful therapeutic products. The candidate must be highly adaptable and strong-willed, and will be expected to support the Innovations and Research groups in other project areas from time to time.
This is a laboratory-focused role requiring hands-on work to develop a wide range of solutions for the production of therapeutic DNA and to design and implement cell-based assays to evidence its functionality. A wide range of expertise is required including: subcloning, gene assembly, DNA amplification, transformation & transfection, agarose gel electrophoresis, screening approaches, primer design & PCR and DNA sequencing. Proven experience in mammalian cell culture – design of expression cassettes, DNA transfection, and reporter gene analysis is a strong plus. Experience with genome engineering methods applicable to cells are also desirable.
Essential qualifications and experience
- The ideal candidate will be educated to post-graduate degree level in, or have equivalent vocational qualification in, molecular/synthetic biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or a related discipline;
- Proven working experience with recombinant DNA cloning/gene assembly, and strong knowledge of cloning techniques including Gibson and Golden Gate cloning;
- Diverse molecular biology skills, with a flexible technical approach to developing solutions;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities;
- Experience with PCR, RCA, gel electrophoresis apparatus for DNA and protein analysis, and an understanding of computer programs for DNA manipulation and sequence analysis;
- Transfection and cell-culture experience is a strong plus;
Publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or patents filed are a plus
This is an exciting opportunity to join a young dynamic biotech company working at the forefront of DNA manufacture. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and performance-related bonuses, the successful candidate will be invited to join the company pension scheme.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position and the reference number (PR0720) of the post you wish to apply for.Closing date for applications 31/07/2020.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Strictly no agencies.