Title: Accounts Admin Assistant
Location: Hampton, London, UK
Touchlight is a pioneering DNA research and development company located in custom-built laboratories in Hampton, west London. Our proprietary in vitro DNA amplification technology leads the way in the production of high-quality synthetic DNA (dbDNA) for new therapeutic, diagnostic and synthetic biology applications.
We are currently seeking an accounts assistant/bookkeeper to assist the Financial Accountant with a number of tasks. There will be some reception related duties for which the successful candidate will be directed by the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
The position will report to the Financial Controller.
We are looking for a professional, friendly approachable person who has excellent organisational skills, common sense, enjoys variety, strong IT skills and a keen eye for detail.
Finance related duties (spread over circa 3.5 days a week):
The purpose of the role is to assist with the everyday accounting function within the business. Daily duties will include:
- Generating purchase orders
- Dealing with supplier invoices and delivery notes
- Generating sales invoices
- Dealing with expense claims
- Dealing with credit card claims
- Timesheet processing
- Updating asset registers/managing the asset module
Reception related duties (circa spread over 1.5 days a week):
You will have previous experience with diary management, supporting a busy office and willing to assist across the whole business:
Qualifications, experience, and requirements:
Ideally applicants should:
- Have a Bookkeeping qualification.
- Keen eye for detail
- Good organisation skills
- Positive & can-do attitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programmes
- Be able to problem solve and think on your feet
- Have a minimum of 2 years accounts assistant experience.
- Have experience of using finance systems.
- Have experience of using excel and word.
About the candidate
All candidates should possess clear communication skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the reference "Accounts and Admin Assistant" in the subject. Application closing date Friday 24th July.
We will only contact those who we invite to interview.