Title: Process Development Scientist. REF: TDS_PDS6
Location: Hampton, London, UK
Touchlight has established a high quality DNA manufacturing platform technology, using an in vitro enzymatic process and has a role available for an experienced process development scientist in its expanding process development (CMC) Group. This is an exciting opportunity within a group which is central to several commercial projects.
This position is an important role in the development of dbDNATM manufacturing process. This will involve working in a team focussed on optimising production processes, establishing critical parameters and controls; industrial scale up and technical transfer of methods to third parties/GMP production team. This position will be highly collaborative, within the CMC function and also with production, quality and R&D teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with clients, outside collaborators and contractors as required.
To be successful a candidate must hold a PhD level qualification in Biochemistry / Molecular Biology or have an equivalent level of industrial experience (>3 years). In either case experience or knowledge of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting is essential.
Other key attributes are:
- A familiarity with standard bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatography, tangential flow filtration and filtration.
- Expertise in standard Molecular Biology techniques such as restriction digestion and PCR as well as in related DNA characterisation techniques.
- Used to keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments as well as experience of writing technical reports to a good standard.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated, having excellent communication skills and an ability to learn new techniques.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and balance workload demands is vital.
- A willingness to travel as part of tech transfer projects.
- Process characterisation, qualification and validation.
- Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency with design of experiments software and techniques may be beneficial.
- Experience with taking a risk based approach to process development.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), and performance related bonuses, the successful candidate will be invited to join the company pension and healthcare schemes.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position and the reference TDS_PDS6.
Closing date for stage 1 applications is 4th December 2019. Closing date for stage 2 applications is 19th December 2019.