Title: Molecular Biologist.
Location: Hampton, London, UK
Touchlight Ltd has established a high-quality DNA manufacturing platform using novel in vitro processes. Owing to our continued growth and success an exciting opportunity has arisen in our new DNA Services Division for a suitable applicant.
The successful applicant will play an important role, working within our Molecular Biology team, to produce DNA starting template for use in the manufacture of our DNA products as well as conducting product release tests, working within our state of the art manufacturing and Quality Control facility. This position will be highly collaborative, both within the DNA Services Team, Research team and external clients to provide DNA template materials and Quality Control support.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- At least 2 years experience in recombinant cloning, you must possess strong, diverse molecular skills and have a flexible technical approach to genetic manipulation, from either an academic or industrial setting. Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) laboratories would also be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have a Degree level qualification in Molecular Biology / Biochemistry or a related discipline with relevant work experience in a controlled scientific environment. A broad range of laboratory skills is essential and some insight into Quality Control would be advantageous.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills. Strong IT skills and experience of completing documentation with a high degree of accuracy is also a must.
- Excellent communication skills are required, especially with external clients
- Hands-on experience in a wide range of molecular cloning techniques including: Subcloning and site-directed mutagenesis, Gibson and In–Fusion cloning strategies, DNA extraction methods, restriction digests, gel electrophoresis, ligation, transformations, primer design and sequencing. The employee will be given considerable independence in designing potentially difficult DNA constructs, and thus will make a significant contribution to the projects
- You should be well-versed in PCR, gel electrophoresis apparatus for DNA and protein analysis, computer programs for sequence analysis
- Familiarity with industry quality standards such as ISO/ cGMP is desirable. Experience working within a Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) environment is advantageous but not essential
- Experience of analytical methods for DNA and proteins; ELISAs, SDS-PAGE gels & Western blotting is essential, for quality control testing
- Ability to follow defined operational instructions and aid in designing and implementing future document systems
- Experience in aseptic technique and controlled environments
This is an exciting opportunity to join a young dynamic biotech company working at the forefront of DNA manufacture. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and performance related bonuses, the successful candidate will be invited to join the company pension scheme.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to email@example.com clearly stating the reference "Molecular Biologist".
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.