Title: Process Development Scientist.
Location: Hampton, London, UK
Touchlight has established a high quality DNA manufacturing platform technology, using an in vitro enzymatic process and has a role available for an experienced process development scientist in its expanding CMC (development) Group. Touchlight is located in custom-built laboratories in Hampton, west London.
The successful applicant will play an important role in the development of dbDNATM manufacturing process. This will involve working in a team focussed on optimising and validating production processes, establishing critical parameters and controls; industrial scale up and technical transfer of methods to third parties/GMP production team. This role presents an exciting opportunity, with the successful applicant being involved in a range of process development projects.
This position will be highly collaborative, within the CMC function and also with production and R&D teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with clients, outside collaborators and contractors as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- A PhD level qualification in Biochemistry / Protein chemistry / Molecular Biology or equivalent industrial experience.
- In addition, experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting.
- Familiarity with bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatography, tangential flow filtration and filtration.
- Familiarity with standard Molecular Biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, mutagenesis and in related specialised DNA characterisation techniques.
- Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments as well as experience of writing technical reports to a good standard.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have an ability to learn new techniques quickly.
- Experience in process characterisation, qualification and validation.
- Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency with design of experiments software and techniques would be beneficial.
- Experience with taking a risk based approach to process development.
All candidates should possess clear communication skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to email@example.com clearly stating the reference "Process Development Scientist". Closing date for applications is 15th July 2019.
Due to the high number of applicants we will only contact those who we invite to interview.