Title: Protein biochemist
Location: Hampton, London, UK
We are a pioneering DNA research and development company located in custom-built laboratories in Hampton, West London. Our proprietary in vitro DNA amplification technology leads the way in the production of high quality synthetic DNA (dbDNA) for new therapeutic, diagnostic and synthetic biology applications.
Touchlight is currently seeking an experienced protein biochemist to join its Innovations Group to design and develop new enzymatic procedures for the efficient production of novel nucleic acid constructs for commercial applications. This is an exciting, fast-paced research environment suited to creative individuals who can contribute to and successfully work in a multidisciplinary scientific team.
In addition to working at the forefront of DNA research in a dynamic biotech company, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme.
Your principal role will be to develop robust
purification procedures for DNA polymerases and protelomerases used for
experimental research. You will play a lead role in the improvement of established
process enzymes as well as the evaluation of new enzymes for synthesis of novel
DNA products and intermediates. You will also be responsible for purification
of proteins generally and development of suitable functionality assays.
Qualifications and experience:
- Applicants should have a PhD in protein biochemistry/molecular biology and/or several years experience in protein purification
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years industrial experience
- Proficiency in purification and assaying of nucleic acid proteins, as well as a knowledge of protein evolution techniques would be beneficial
- Familiarity with laboratory fermenters and control systems would be an advantage
- The successful candidate will be bringing ideas to life, and must therefore be engaged with science, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
All candidates should possess clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and within a multidisciplinary team. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to email@example.com clearly stating the reference: Protein Scientist Innovations.Closing date for applications is 30/10/2018
Strictly no agencies.