Title: Manufacturing Development Scientist.
Location: Hampton, London, UK
Touchlight has established a high quality DNA manufacturing platform technology, using an in vitro enzymatic process and has a role available for an experienced process development scientist in its expanding Manufacturing/CMC Development Group.
The successful applicant will play an important role in product specific development of dbDNA(TM) manufacturing processes. This will involve working in a team focussed on establishing critical parameters and controls using design of experiments approach; industrial scale up and technical transfer of processes to third parties/GMP manufacturing organisations. This new role presents an exciting opportunity, with the successful applicant being involved in a range of process development projects. Subject to relevant experience of the candidate, there may also be opportunities to lead projects and/or teams of development scientists in future.
This position will be highly collaborative, within the Manufacturing Development function and also with the Manufacturing, Innovation and Research teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with outside collaborators and contractors as required.
- A PhD level qualification in Biochemistry / Protein chemistry / Molecular Biology or equivalent industrial experience.
- In addition, experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting.
- Familiarity with standard bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatographic and filtration methods of separation.
- Familiarity with standard Molecular Biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, mutagenesis and in related specialised DNA characterisation techniques.
- Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments. In addition, experience of writing technical reports to a standard suitable for submission to regulatory authorities.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills and an ability to learn new techniques.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and balance workload demands is vital.
- Experience in process characterisation and qualification.
- Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
- An awareness of the use of design of experiments in process development.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), and performance related bonuses, the successful candidate will be invited to join the company pension and healthcare schemes.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.