Title: Manufacturing Scientist Position
Location: Hampton, London, UK
Touchlight Genetics Ltd is developing new methods of high quality DNA manufacture using novel in vitro processes, due to our continued growth and success a great opportunity has arisen in our new DNA Services Division for a suitable applicant.
The successful applicant will play an important role in the manufacturing of dbDNA™ for external clients. Working within a team to manufacture our DNA products and participate in the establishment of our brand new, state of the art laboratory. This position will be highly collaborative, both within the DNA Services Team and the Manufacturing Development function and Research teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with outside contractors and clients.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills. Strong IT skills and experience of completing documentation with a high degree of accuracy is also a must.
- The ideal candidate will be Degree level or equivalent vocational qualification in Molecular Biology / Biochemistry or a related discipline with relevant work experience in a controlled scientific environment. A broad range of laboratory skills is essential and some insight into Quality Control would be advantageous
- You will have at least 1 to 2 years relevant experience, in an industrial setting, preferably within a regulated laboratory environment. Knowledge of GMP laboratories would be an advantage.
- Relevant experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industrial company
- Ability to follow defined operational instructions and aid in writing future records
- Experience in a wide range of Molecular techniques including the analysis of DNA and proteins; such as Bradford Assays, ELISAs, SDS-PAGE gels & Western blotting is essential
- Experience in aseptic technique and controlled environments
- Familiarity with industry quality standards such as ISO/ cGMP is essential. Performing duties according to Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) would be advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an excellent attention to detail
This is an exciting opportunity to join a young dynamic biotech company working at the forefront of DNA Manufacture. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and performance related bonuses, the successful candidate will be invited to join the company pension scheme.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position and the reference number of the post you wish to apply for.Closing date for applications 19th February 2018. No Agencies please.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.